OA Alliance Call to Action
Upon joining the OA Alliance, review foundational documents:
- Call to Action
- OA Action Plan Toolkit
- Other reports/ studies/ resources
Outline Existing & Future Actions
Begin outlining the existing or future actions you might include in your own OA Action Plan:
- What are your priorities?
- Which of the Call to Action goals are most relevant?
- Are any actions already being taken to address OA in your jurisdiction through other policies or plans?
- Who should initiate or convene a planning process?
- Is there capacity to implement the plan?
Letter of Commitment
Draft a Letter of Commitment that outlines the priorities, current actions, and aspirational actions that your jurisdiction will work towards.
The Letter of Commitment should:
- Be signed by a representative of the jurisdiction;
- Include a statement committing to the OA Alliance purpose and overall goals; and
- Commit to developing an OA Action Plan within a stated timeline that is right for you.
Engage the Community and Tell Your Story.
Find opportunities to reach the public, local policy makers, regional industry and other stakeholders:
- Do you want to engage in a public process that identifies new actions or identifies priorities?
- How can you share information about OA and its potential impacts?
- How can stakeholders shape or endorse the development of your OA Action Plan?
Detailed Action Plan
Release your OA Action Plan.
- Detail what your jurisdiction has done, is doing, or will do to advance the goals stated in the Call to Action and address the impacts of OA.
- The OA Alliance can showcase your plan on their website and help communicate its impact.